Importing information to RefWorks from the ALADIN Classic Catalog
- Conduct your search and select the citations you want to import.
- Go to the Print/Save Options near the bottom of the screen.
- In the Download Format drop-down menu, select Full Record.
- Click the Format for Print/Save button. Your records will display in a new window.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) as your browser:
- Using the IE Save As function (File-Save As), navigate to the local drive and directory where you want to save the file.
- Give the file a name and click Save.
- If you are using Mozilla Thunderbird as your browser:
- Select all the text on the full record display screen (Edit-Select All or Ctrl-A).
- Copy the selected text (Edit-Copy or Ctrl-C).
- Open a blank document in a text editor (such as Microsoft Notepad) or a word processor (such as Microsoft Word).
- Paste the copied text into that document (Edit-Paste or Ctrl-V).
- Save the document (File-Save As) as a text (.txt) file in a directory on your computer's local drive.
- Log in to RefWorks.
- Select References/Import from the toolbar.
- Select Gallaudet University as the Import Filter/Data Source.
- Select WRLC (Endeavor Voyager) as the database.
- If desired, choose an Import References into Folder.
- Browse to find the text file you saved to your computer.
- Click Import.
- Your records should appear in the Last Imported folder, and in the folder you selected in step 11.
* * * * * * * * * *
Prepared by Jane Rutherford
Reference and Instruction Librarian