Importing information to Refworks from the Library of Congress catalog
- Conduct your search in the Library of Congress catalog and select the citations you want to import.
- In the Select Text or MARC Format drop-down, select Text (Full Information).
- Click the Press to Save or Print button. Your records will display in a new window.
- Using your browser's Save As function, navigate to the local drive and directory where you want to save the file.
- Click Save.
- Log in to RefWorks.
- Select References/Import from the toolbar.
- Select Endeavor Voyager as the data source and Library of Congress as the database.
- Browse to find the text file you saved to your computer.
- Click Import.
- Your records should appear in the Last Imported folder.
Source: RefWorks Help file: "Importing From Online Data Vendors"
* * * * * * * * * *
Prepared by Jane Rutherford
Reference and Instruction Librarian