Fjeld, Julianna Carol,1947
Papers of Julianna Carol Fjeld, 1947-
Gallaudet University Archives
Repository: Gallaudet University Archives
Call No.: MSS 10
Title: Papers of Julianna Carol Fjeld, 1947.
Quantity: 0.5 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Note: This document last updated 2005 December 6.
Acquisition Information: The Julianna Carol Fjeld Collection was given to the Gallaudet University Archives on September 29, 1986 by Julianna Fjeld.
Processed by: Ulf Hedberg and Michael Olson. 1989 November 20.
Conditions on Use and Access: This collection is open to the public with no restrictions. Photocopies may be made for scholarly research.
Related Material in the Archives:
- Joan Templin, Leader of extras [motion picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Deaf Film 280-4
- [MSSD - Project Poem Part One] [motion picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Deaf Film 275-4
- [MSSD - Project Poem Part Two] [motion picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Deaf Film 274-4
- [MSSD - Project Poem Part Three] [motion picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Deaf Film 233-4
- Deaf artists and performers [picture]: celebration 87. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Drawer B7
- Barbara Jo Hong [picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Portraits
Jane Norman [picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Portraits
- Papers, Sharon Wood, 1986-1988. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: SMSS
- Julianna Fjeld. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Deaf Biographical
Julianna Carol Fjeld was born in 1947. She was a student of the John Tracy Clinic in California, the Kansas School for the Deaf, and was graduated from the California School for the Deaf, Berkeley in 1965.
In 1965, Julianna Fjeld was admitted to Gallaudet college where she majored in English and literature. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1970.
She was a featured player from 1970-1976 with the touring companies of the National Theatre of the Deaf and the Little Theatre of the Deaf. Later she became a producer and was a co-producer in a film entitled "Love is Never Silent" which won an Emmy Award in 1986.
Scope and Content
The Julianna Carol Fjeld Collection consists of material related to her work on the film, "Love Is Never Silent" (released 1985), which was based on the book, In This Sign. The film was originally entitled "In This Sign" which was later changed to "Love Is Never Silent." The collection consists of approximately 850 items dating from 1975-1986. The majority of the papers date from 1985-1986. The bulk of the collection consists of awards, books, correspondence, invitations, programs, scripts, etc.
In the folder "Book-I Detta Tecken", is a Swedish book and a gift to author Joanne Greenberg from Julianna Fjeld. There are some interesting letters between Joanne Greenberg and Julianna Fjeld about the book In This Sign which the film "Love Is Never Silent" is based upon, and different deaf cultures in Europe including Sweden, the Netherlands, and Poland.
The collection includes two folders of letters in support of Julianna Fjelds co-production of "In This Sign."
In the folder titled "Love Is Never Silent", sponsored by Hallmark Hall of Fame, there is on the film and still photos.
The last folder includes agreements between Warner Brothers Studio and Fjeld of the production and several clippings.
Series Descriptions and Folder Lists
| Box || Number || Title of Folder || Date
||Awards - Television Special Recognition Award by NAD
||Awards - Emmy Award (letters, tickets etc)
||Awards - Emmy Award (program book)
||Books - "I detta tecken"
||Correspondence - Greenberg, Joanne
||Deaf Player's Guide
||"In This Sign" - notes, drafts, call sheets
||"In This Sign" - options and agreements
||Invitations and Telegrams
||Letters in Support
||Letters in Support
||"Love Is Never Silent" - publicity packet
||Script - "Love Is Never Silent"
||Warner Brothers Studio