Social Work Internship
Internship in Social Work 2014
Contact the Coordinator of Training, LaNiña Mompremier, Ph.D. (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the application process.
Applications must include:
- a cover letter indicating your interest in the position;
- a resume or curriculum vita;
- two letters of recommendation with at least one letter from your department;
- a 10-15 minute videotape of a mock counseling session (with a volunteer "client") that is conducted in American Sign Language;
- copy of ASLPI results from Gallaudet University showing a 3 or better rating
Please Note: Because of ethical concerns, applicants cannot have multiple relationships with the MHC or the Gallaudet student population. Thus, they cannot be past or current clients of the MHC or receive services as a client in the future. Some jobs on campus, such as in the residence halls or other part-time positions on campus, can create dual relationships. Therefore, it is possible that extern would not be able to hold certain positions on campus while in training at the MHC. Discuss any jobs that you have or concerns about this issue with the director.