MSSD Performing Arts Program
The Model Secondary School for the Deaf (MSSD) Performing Arts Program cordially invites you to attend our performances this season!
All performances are at MSSD's Theatre Malz, on the campus of Gallaudet University: 800 Florida Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20002-3695.
- $8 – Adults
- $7 – College students/senior citizens with I.D.
- $5 – Children (ages 13-17)
- $3 – Children (ages 4-12)
- Free – Children (ages 3 and under)
- $3 - Per person for school groups
E-mail Yolanta.Rozynek@gallaudet.edu, call (202) 651-5031, or fax (202) 651-5109.
Fall Showcase: Dracula
Directed by Seth Washington, '13
- November 3 at 10 a.m. (Talk Back with cast and audience following the show)
- November 4 and 5 at 7 p.m.
Beware of the buyer! Count Dracula wants to buy an estate in England. An unsuspecting real estate agent, Jonathan Harker, visits Dracula at his castle in Transylvania to close the deal. Harker finds himself caught up in the world of vampires and the undead. Will he survive? Come and find out at MSSD's production of Bram Stoker's 19th century thriller.
35th Annual Winter Dance Concert: "Extravaganza"
Directed by Yola Rozynek
This year MSSD celebrates bringing 35 years of outstanding dance performances to the stage of Theatre Malz, highlighting our talented high school dancers and choreographers and introducing audiences to a wide array of professional deaf and hearing dance companies. Join us for this year's "Extravaganza" of dance!
- February 9 at 10 a.m. (Talk Back with MSSD dancers and audience following the show)
- February 10 and 11 at 8 p.m.
- Sylvana Christopher
- Wade Green
- Meggie Lockhart
- Ameena Patterson
- Mervin Primeaux
- Yola Rozynek
- Tanisha Russell
- Briana Ashley Stuart
Guest Dance Companies:
- Dynamic Duo
- Gallaudet Dance Company
- Glade Dance Collective
- International Pentimento Dance Company
- National Deaf Dance Theatre with The Wild Zappers
- Nrityalaya School of Indian Classical Oissa Dance Company
- Quest Visual Theatre
- Sun Too 2
Spring Play: TBD
- April 27 at 10 a.m. (Talk Back with cast and audience following the show)
- April 28 and 29 at 7 p.m.