Welcome to the Office of Academic Quality (OAQ). This website was created to provide a variety of resources to help you with assessment of institutional effectiveness which includes the assessment of both program effectiveness (unit-level action planning) and student learning.
We encourage you to check back often as we grow. Feel free to let us know what additional information or service would be helpful to you.
The Office of Academic Quality (OAQ) is dedicated to institutional effectiveness by providing leadership for continuous assessment and improvement of programs and services through facilitating the integration of evidence-based decision making in order to fulfill Gallaudet University’s mission and vision.
The Office of Academic Quality (OAQ)
- integrates and coordinates planning, assessment, and institutional research to support continuous evaluation and improvement of the University's programs and services;
- maintains a central repository of institutional and program-level data;
- leads and supports the assessment of student learning;
- delivers accurate, relevant, and timely, information for use by the university community and external constituencies to foster a culture of data-driven decision-making, accountability, transparency and integrity; and
- maintains relationship with Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) to ensure continuous accreditation.