Office of Faculty Development: Programs & Events
Fall 2015 Events
- Teaching and Learning Development Day (August 17): "Student Success is Everyone's Responsibility" Presentations by Dr. Beth Benedict, Faculty Fellow for Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach, Dr. Dennis Galvan, Professor and Chair of the Psychology Department, and Ms. Lindsay Buckho, Director of Institutional Research in LLRH6. Coffee and tea begins at 8:00AM until 8:45AM with the program at 9:00AM. Lunch will be provided with registration from 11:30AM - 1:00PM.
- Institutional Assessment Day (August 18): "Analyze, Synthesize, and Criticize, oh my!: Check out our critical thinking toolkit!" Presented by Dr. Caroline Solomon (STM) in LCB 111 (basement of Merrill Learning Center)
- GSR Development Day (August 19): Concurrent workshops offered from 9:00AM to 11:30AM and again from 1:00PM - 2:30PM in SLCC 1302 and 1303. Documents and information are available via Blackboard under the "GSR Teaching and Learning Days" link on the right side. If you do not see this, please contact Dr. Leslie Rach.
- Department and Program Meeting Days (August 20 and 21)
- New Faculty Orientation (August 24 - 26)
- Welcome for all new Undergraduate and Graduate students (August 27)
Spring 2016 Events
- Mark your calendars now for Faculty Development Week! We will open with our Teaching and Learning Development Day (TLDD) on Monday, January 11, 2016.