State Licensure

Related Links

Accreditation and Program-Approvals

Students completing one of Gallaudet's state-approved license programs are eligible for a D.C. State License.

School Service Providers

For School Service Providers seeking a D.C. License (i.e., School Psychology, School Counseling, or School Social Work), contact the program director in your department for further information.  Verification of program completion is signed by Gallaudet's Certification Officer (Helen Thumann).

School Educators

If you will be applying for a teaching license, we recommend that you first get your DC teaching license even if you will later get a license in another state. Why? Often the process is easier if you already have a license in the state in which you completed your program. The information below will help you with both processes.

Gallaudet's M.A. or M.A.T. in Deaf Education are approved for licensure and certification.   Read about how to apply for Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) Certification.

About Gallaudet
Campus Photos
Clerc Center
Contact Us
Employment Opportunities
Fast Facts
Make an Online Gift
Maps & Directions
Media Inquiries
University Communications
Visitors Center
English Language Institute
Financial Aid
Graduate Admissions
Graduate Orientation
International Admissions
Professional Studies
Test Center
Undergraduate Admissions
Academics & Research
Archives/Deaf Collections
Career Center
Catalog & Course Info
General Studies
Graduate Programs
Honors Program
Office of Academic Quality
Professional Studies
Registrar's Office
Research Support and International Affairs
Undergraduate Majors
Campus Life
Bison Shop (bookstore)
Campus Activities
Food Services
Public Safety
Residence Life and Housing
Washington, D.C.
Tools & Resources
Campus Directory
Help Desk
Gallaudet Alert-subscribe
GU Press
Kellogg Conference Hotel
Maps & Directions
People @ Gallaudet
Shuttle Bus
Gallaudet University | 800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
Copyright © 2016 Gallaudet University