Learning Assessment at Gallaudet
The Gallaudet University community recognizes the need to adopt an assessment process that advances evidence-based decisions about teaching, learning, bilingualism, diversity, campus life, academic support and student development. Fostered by a concern for student academic growth and personal development, the assessment process at Gallaudet aspires to employ data-driven decision-making to continuously increase student achievement and institutional effectiveness.
Policy on Assessment Reporting Cycles
Assessment Processes at Gallaudet:
|Learning Assessment Update (LAU)
||DUE annually in the fall in WEAVE.
In effect since 2006. Transition from paper reports to an online system (WEAVE) occurred in Fall 2012.
|Senior Literacy Assessment (SLA)
||DUE annually in the spring.
Program to collect final written English and ASL products from their graduating seniors in fall and spring. Program submits products in spring. In effect since 2009.
|Senior Assessment (SA)
||Professional development in AY 2012-2013; Planning in AY 2013-2014; Assessing seniors beginning in AY 2014-2015.
|Unit Effectiveness Planning (UEP)
||DUE annually in the fall to Dean(s) with a copy to OAQ.
In effect since 2011.
Note: All relevant assessment reports are available in the Blackboard under "Program Outcomes".
AY2014-2015 Reporting Calendar:
The new cycle of 2014-2015 in WEAVE is now open!
- If your program mission, SLOs, or measures (assessment tools) have not changed, you may proceed and roll over these specific information from the 2013-2014 cycle to the 2014-2015 cycle. You should be able to see "Copy Associations and Connected Documents from 2013-2014" -- go ahead and click on this button.
- If you need to update or revise mission, SLOs, or the measures in the 2014-2015 cycle, you may do so. Select the mission, SLOs, or the measures then click on the editing icon (displayed as a sheet of paper with a pencil) and update/revise as necessary.
- If your program SLOs have changed but your data collection has not begun, then the new SLOs will be entered in WEAVE next year. Data from 2013-2014 needs to be reported for this year. *Contact email@example.com if this scenario applies to you, and we will develop an appropriate action plan.*
- Each program SLO is to be assessed on an annual basis from now on.
- The analysis questions (in the Assessment Reporting section under the "Assessment" tab in WEAVE) have been updated for the new cycle.
- Please do NOT enter the results of your measures in the cycle 2014-2015 prior to August 2.
Reminder I: The 2014-2015 cycle is a reporting cycle based on the 2013-2014 assessment data. For this academic year, you need to report on any assessment data you collected from 2013-2014.
- STUDENT AFFAIRS' LEARNING ASSESSMENT UPDATEs (LAUs) -- DUE AUGUST 15, 2014
- ACADEMIC AFFAIRS' LEARNING ASSESSMENT UPDATEs (LAUs) -- DUE NOVEMBER 7, 2014