Criteria for Grant Application
The application for grants is comprised of the following documents:
1. Cover sheet
2. Budget Itemization form – page 2
3. The proposal – no more than 5 double-spaced pages
4. Supporting documentation for the activity and expenses - attachments
We have also provided you with a checklist to help you keep track of the documents you must submit.
- Complete the cover page and secure the signature of your department chair
- Include the amount you are requesting
- Briefly indicate the type activity and its location
Budget Itemization form:
- Complete the budget page
- Itemize all anticipated costs for your activity
Indicate the amount you are requesting
This is the heart of your application and it must contain the following sections in no more than 5 double-spaced pages.
- describe the purpose and need of the proposed activity;
- describe the proposed activity or activities that address the need;
- indicate the intended outcomes of the proposed activity or activities;
o The intended outcome statement should include a description of a simultaneous or follow-up effort related to the proposal activity that serves to positively impact Gallaudet’s strategic plan.
- describe the potential for lasting effect at Gallaudet beyond the funding period
Documents vary depending on the proposed activity. Refer to the checklist for examples.
- Attach documents that evidence your role for the proposed activity
- Attach documents that evidence the costs associated with your proposed activity
The Committee encourages you to refer to the current Gallaudet Administration and Operations Manual travel guidelines before planning your travel. For international travel, applicants are responsible for obtaining all necessary institutional approvals.