Faculty Survey of Student Engagement
Gallaudet University participated in FSSE in 2008. The Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE) was designed to complement the NSSE and focuses on:
- Faculty perceptions of how often students engage in different activities.
- The importance faculty place on various areas of learning and development.
- The nature and frequency of faculty-student interactions.
- How faculty members organize their time, both in and out of the classroom.
FSSE encourages faculty to consider teaching & learning by:
- Providing timely, formative assessment & feedback vital to maximize students' learning
- Providing peer evaluation that enhances responsibility to students' study and/or work group & self assessment
- Modeling the importance of giving and using feedback by asking students about the helpfulness of faculty's feedback and explaining how faculty are using students' ideas to improve their own teaching