Many sponsors provide forms or formats for material to be included in a proposal. The Office of Sponsored Programs is experienced with these forms and filling them out within the various electronic research administration systems provided by federal agencies. Gallaudet also has some internal forms which are circulated either via e-mail through Echosign or as originals which assist the university to comply with federal compliance regulations. For all OSP EchoSign forms, should you find an error after you have "sent" it for signature, please go to the "manage" section of EchoSign in your email account, select that form and then "cancel" it providing a reason for the cancellation.
The following forms have been developed for use in the proposal/award process at Gallaudet University.
The Application for Review for Human Subjects Form IRB Website
The Intent to Submit Form (ISF) to clear grant proposal submissions via EchoSign
The purpose of the ISF is to provide notice to Gallaudet University that you intend to write a grant proposal to a sponsor under the purview of Gallaudet University. Additionally, this form serves to ensure that you receive the support of the Research division of Gallaudet and the Associate Provost for Research for your planned effort. Before writing a proposal, the individual faculty/staff member should contact the dean, director or department chair to enlist approval and support for the project. This form is the mechanism designed to facilitate that initial dialogue. Questions concerning faculty time commitments, space, and facilities, as well as proposed new courses and/or requirements, should be resolved at this time. This is especially important to ensure budget unit head signatures during the internal routing and approval process and also to assure the responsible use of Universty resources. The OSP will not work with PIs on the development of proposals that do not already have clearance.
1) Log into your GU Google email. EchoSign prefers Google Chrome. Click the small icon of 9 tiny boxes that is your "app" link. Select "more" at the bottom of the menu until you can click the EchoSign app at the bottom.
2) Within EchoSign, select "Send from Library" and choose the OSP_FY2014_Intent to Submit (ISF) form. Click start.
3) In the "To" section enter the email for the Associate Provost for Research (firstname.lastname@example.org), your chair's email, then that of your dean. Separate all addresses with commas. Note: For individuals with dual academic roles (e.g. a PI serving also as chair, a dean serving as acting chair), please check all academic roles that apply.
4) Below the "To:" , click on the blue "Show cc:" and then type in the address for the OSP document receipt center (email@example.com).
5) Click "I need to sign first." 5) Click the green button that says "sign then send." The document will automatically go first to a screen for you to enter the required information in the designated places. This information is intended to be broad at first but provide all the detail you can that is already available to you. Note: Be sure to not exceed the space allotted in each box or cell. Even though a scroll down tool may appear, do not exceed the space provided as text exceeding the space provided will not print in the final version for those approving your request. Once all the fields are completed EchoSign will allow you to sign as PI/PD. It will proceed to the other parties for their signatures. EchoSign will provide you with a complete and signed copy for your records once all have signed off.
The GU Internal Prior Approval System Form (IPAS form) for budget revisions via EchoSign
The purpose of the IPAS is to move funds from one main federal budget category to another main federal budget category when allowable. It is not utilzed to re-arrange funds among PeopleSoft codes in Gallaudet's accounting system. Also, it is only for budget revisions that are planned for in advance of an expenditure. Gallaudet is not authorized to approve ex post facto budget revisions under the federal government's expanded authorities to institutions of higher education. A detailed justification including: 1) why the funds requested to be moved are not needed in their original category, 2) the benefit of the move of funds from one category to another will be to the project, 3) what circumstances require the move, and 4) the impact to the scope of work of the project.
The IPAS form is designed to be uploaded to each PI/PDs EchoSign account through their Gallaudet email. You must have your most recent Peoplesoft report for your grant available before you can start the IPAS process. With that information available, follow the below directions.
1) Log into your GU Google email. EchoSign prefers Google Chrome. Select the "More" pull-down option from the black bar across the top and choose Echosign near the bottom of the pull-down menu.
2) Within EchoSign, select "Send from Library" and choose the OSP FY 2014 IPAS (submitted by Christine Katsapis) form.
3) In the "To" section enter your email, then that of your chair, then that of your dean and finally that of the Assistant Dean for Research (firstname.lastname@example.org). Separate all 4 addresses with commas.
4) Click "I need to sign first."
5) Click the green button that says "sign then send."
The document will automatically go first to a screen for you to enter the revision information in 12 places including a place to indicate your period of performance for your project (From and To) and a place for your detailed justification for the change. Be sure to not exceed the space allotted in each box or cell. Event though a scroll down tool may appear, do not exceed the space provided as text exceeding the space provided will not print in the final version for those approving your request. Once all the fields are completed EchoSign will allow you to sign as PI/PD. It will proceed to the other parties for their signatures. EchoSign will provide you with a complete and signed copy for your records. The OSP will provide that to Accounting when it is approved by the Assistant Dean for Research.
Subrecipient Commitment Form for organizations planning to enter into a collaborative subrecipient relationship with Gallaudet University.
The Subrecipient Commitment Form is utilized to ensure the smooth transition from proposal to award when a proposal has been successful. When Gallaudet is the prime recipient of a sponsored project from an external sponsor and wishes to compensate another organization for its help in carrying out a significant part of the scope of work, it is necessary to establish a subagreement between the organization and Gallaudet.This form will collect information about the subrecipient at the proposal stage to verify the information about the subrecipient contained in the proposal and to determine if the other organization's role is that of a true subrecipient as opposed to that of a vendor or contractor. The form will be considered valid if the subrecipient's authorized representative has signed the form within the past year. Each Gallaudet PI will be responsible for providing this form to their potential subrecipient as well as a link to this page for the guidance on how to complete this form. Most Offices of Sponsored Programs at other institutions of higher education will be familar with the purposes and information necessary to complete this form as well as the federal guidance on the necessity for its use by Gallaudet.
Subrecipient Commitment Form Subrecipient Commitment Form Guidance
The GU Routing and Approval Form via EchoSign
The Routing and Approval Form which is utilized to obtain internal approval from budget unit heads and dean or division level supervisors is done electronically via Echosign. This is generated via Echosign from within the OSP and submitted via email first to the PI for their electronic signature, then to the budget unit head, and then the dean or division level head. The Assistant Dean for Research, as the authorized institutional official for the University is the final signatory and the proposal will not be submitted unless it fulfills all the agency's requirements, is approved by the PI's leadership, and complies with University policy. The President of the University is responsible for ensuring that all proposals properly routed and approved are managed according to federal law and agency regulations should an award be made, and authorizes the Assistant Dean for Research to certify on behalf of the University to this standard.
It is a policy of the OSP that information from a proposal is not distributed without prior approval from the Project Director/Principal Investigator. PIs on subagreements should not share information from their collaborators proposals without the express permission of the author.