Ms. Lipkey joined the President's Office as the University Budget Director in 2010 after returning to the University to work as the Director of Finance for Academic Affairs in 2009. In that position she oversaw the Academic Affairs budget of $66 million and served on the University Budget Committee and the Academic Affairs Management Team. She had previously served the University in various other budget positions. In addition to her experience at Gallaudet, Ms. Lipkey worked for nine years at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission where she held the positions as Chief for the Financial Management Branch and audit manager.
- Direct the development of the University's annual budget request to the Department of Education and Congress and provide government agencies with materials in support of our appropriation request.
- Direct long-range planning strategies for future budget development activities.
- Work with our Finance Office to ensure stringent fiscal controls are in place.
- Lead the University Budget Committee.
- Recommend financial strategies.
- Coordinate a group of senior budget officers and assist the President and others in special projects.