The Gerald “Bummy” Burstein Leadership Institute is offering an intensive two-weekend leadership training course, Theater Arts for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People of Color.
Focus is on three distinct areas: (1) History of deaf theater and theater arts of color, (2) actors movements, and (3) play production. The program is designed specifically for deaf people of color, who are interested in leisure and/or professional participation in deaf theaters.
- Knowledge of history of theater, Deaf Theater, and Deaf Theater of Color.
- Substantive knowledge and skills in actors’ movements encompassing expression, physical awareness, character development, and self-exploration.
- Knowledge and skills in play production
- Mentor support opportunities
- Certificate of completion
PST: $849 + $30 registration fee; financial assistance is available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
April 20 - 22, 2012 and May 4 - 6, 2012Time:
Friday: 8:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Location:
Blossom Montessori School for the Deaf, 14088 Icot Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760Facilitator:
Fred Beam Registration Deadline:
April 6, 2012