[Click for PDF]
[Click for Mac Instruction - updated 4/14/10]
Call for Program Data for Program Prioritization: April 30, 2010 Deadline
Gallaudet University is conducting a program prioritization (PP) process as part of the Gallaudet Strategic Plan (see, in particular, Goal D, Objective1 http://planning.gallaudet.edu/Documents/PresOfc/
The Program Prioritization Task Force (PPTF) is charged with rating all academic programs based on agreed-upon criteria, and making recommendations that will provide a map for long-term strategic resource allocation. The goal is to provide resources to invest in programs identified as central to our future.
The PPTF is calling for all programs (as identified on the spreadsheet posted on the Program Prioritization Blackboard) to collect evidence on a set of data indicators for each of nine criteria. Some data will be provided by the Office of Institutional Research (OIR). See attached guide to OIR definitions and procedures for PP.
Programs will be rated on each criteria based on holistic evaluation of all indicator data for each criteria. Each criterion will be rated on a scale of 1 to 4 with a weight of either 1 or 1.5, then placed in one of four strategic resource allocation categories: investment, restructuring, merging, discontinuing. Following recommendations from other universities, programs will then be ranked or prioritized within these four categories. The GU program prioritization criteria are:
Instructions on how and where to provide evidence for program prioritization review are provided below.
Providing Program Evidence for PP: Instructions:
- Data for each program should be input into a Program Prioritization Criteria Matrix (PPCM) template for that specific program. These templates are available on a GU network shared hard drive that you have been authorized to set up on your computer.
SET UP SHARED DRIVE to access your PP template
- Click on "My Computer" from start menu
- Click on Tools then on "Map Network Drive"
- Under Drive, select available letter from list (we suggest “P” for Program Prioritization)
- In Folder, type \\nas5\pptf.
- Check "Reconnect at logon"
- Click Finish button
You should now see the PPTF drive in your list of available network drives. Double click to open it.
Folders in the shared drive are set up by Department. When you click on your Department folder you will see templates for each of the programs within your Dept. Note: Program listings were primarily provided by Dept. Chairs. OIR will also have access to this shared drive and can input data designated as OIR.
If you have trouble accessing the shared network drive, please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a G.A. to assist you.
- Data should be input directly into the template. The template will allow input following the specified word limits.
- Remember to SAVE your data input regularly until you have completed the input. When you have completed data input, hit SUBMIT.
- OIR will input quantitative data into the template by April 10. Questions about OIR data can be discussed by contacting Daryl Frelich – Institutional Data Administrator (cc. Pat Hulsebosch, Director of IR). Most of this data will come from Peoplesoft via Datawarehouse. (Note: the few exceptions to this are noted on the PP Criteria Matrix on the PP Blackboard and website at http://pptf/).
If you have any questions contact Khadijat Rashid or Pat Hulsebosch: PPTF Co-Chairs or Program.Prioritization@gallaudet.edu.