Elizabeth M.G. Romero
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Gallaudet University, 2015
- B.S., Psychology, Barry University, 2011
- Dissertation: An Analysis of Miranda Warning Knowledge in the Deaf Community
- Predissertation: Comprehension of the Miranda Warnings in the Deaf Population
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Romero, EMG. & Pick, LH. (2016, March). Comprehension of the Miranda Warnings in the Signing Deaf Community: A Pilot Study. Presented at the 2016 American Psychology-Law Society (Div 41) Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Ainger, T. J., Romero, E., & Feldman, D. (2012). Contemporary Society and the Issues Facing Deaf Baby Boomers When Compared to Their Hearing Counterparts: A Review. Journal of the American Deafness& Rehabilitation Association, 45, (3).
- Romero, E.& Feldman, D. (2011, March) Effective Ways to Communicate the Miranda Warnings to a Deaf Suspect. Presented at the Florida Academy of Sciences Conference, Melbourne, FL.
- Romero, E. & Hall, P. (2010, April). The Role that Physical Attractiveness and Race Plays in Jury Decision Making and Sentencing. Poster presentation at the Thirteenth Annual Student Research Forum Miami Shores, FL.
- Romero, E. & Hall, P. (2010, March). The Role that Physical Attractiveness and Race Plays in Jury Decision Making and Sentencing. Poster presentation at the Florida Academy of Sciences Conference in Fort Pierce, FL.
- Mississippi State Hospital (Internship)
- Psychiatric Institute of Washington (Externship)
- Multicultural Clinical Center (Externship)
- D.C. Superior Court, Family Court (Externship)
- Gallaudet University Mental Health Center (Practicum)
Contact Information: email@example.com