Nicholas M. Gala
- M.S., Applied Behavior Analysis, Florida Institute of Technology, 2012
- B.S., Neuroscience, University of Rochester, 2010
- B.A., Psychology and American Sign Language, University of Rochester, 2010
- Dissertation: Emotional Display Rules of the American Deaf Culture.
- Predissertation: Preliminary Investigation of the Emotional Display Rules of the American Deaf Culture.
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Gala N., Pick, L. (2016, July). Preliminary analysis of the emotional display rules in the American deaf culture. Poster presentation at the American Psychological Association, Denver, CO.
- Gala, N. (2015). A proposed model for the construction of higher order cognitive processing and application to the development of anxiety disorders. Gallaudet Chronicles of Psychology, Volume 3, No. 1, 46-50. Retrieved from http://www.gallaudet.edu/psychology/chronicles_of_psychology/3(1)2015/gala
- Szymanski, C., Lutz, L., Shahan, C., & Gala, N. (2013, May). Critical Needs of Students Who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing: A Public Input Summary. Washington, DC: Gallaudet University, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center.
- DC Superior Courts (Internship)
- Johns Hopkins Medical School, Department of Rehabilitation (Advanced Practicum)
- DC Superior Courts, Child Guidance Clinic (Advanced Practicum)
- Saint Elizabeths Hospital (Advanced Practicum)
- Gallaudet University, Mental Health Center (Practicum)
Contact Information: Nicholas.Gala@Gallaudet.edu