Purchase Order Process:
- An order for goods will be processed within 7 business days of receipt of the requisition provided that all the necessary information is on the requisition. (There are times when the order volume is high and this cannot be met - ex. year-end)
- All campus requisitions are processed in the order they were received.
- If you provided a vendor email address on the requisition form you and the vendor will receive an email notification that the order/purchase order has been placed. If an order is placed via Fax or mail then you will receive your PO via campus mail.
NOTE: All software and technology equipment must be reviewed and approved by GTS, please review link: http://www.gallaudet.edu/gts/technology-projects.html
- The Contracts and Purchasing department makes every attempt to send out all contracts within 7 business days, provided all necessary information is included on the requisition.
- All requisitions for independent contractors must have a completed "Independent Contractor vs. Employee Requirements" form.
- A contract is sent to the vendor via FedEx (unless the address is a PO Box then it is mailed) to the vendor for signature.
- A PO is not obligated for a contract until the signed contract is returned to Contracts and Purchasing.
- Once the contract is received the PO will be obligated and you will receive a PO and a copy of the contract via email.
TO THE GALLAUDET CAMPUS COMMUNITY
In preparation for the fiscal year-end (FY2016), please be aware of the following dates in reference to purchase orders:
ALL Purchase Requisitions for furniture items should be submitted no later than Friday, July 22, 2016. If the merchandise is out of stock or the vendor is unable to provide the goods by Friday, September 30, 2016 then the order will not be processed using Fiscal Year 2016 budget funds. Please contact Purchasing@gallaudet.edu as soon as possible to expedite the planning and requisition process.
Endowments and donations:
Purchase Requisitions must be submitted by Wednesday, August 31, 2016. Invoices must be submitted to the Finance Office by Friday, September 30, 2016.
Purchase Requisitions must be submitted by Friday, September 2, 2016. All invoices for goods and services delivered by Friday, September 30, 2016 must be approved and submitted to the Finance Office as soon as possible.
New IT Equipment and Software:
Submit all orders and requests (with signed I.I.s) for software, equipment, computer/accessories to the Help Desk by Friday, August 12, 2016. These orders should be for planned activities (or emergency replacements).
Closing Purchasing Orders
Please review your department's purchase orders. If the final invoice has been paid and there are funds remaining, please notify Purchasing@Gallaudet.edu to de-obligate the funds to close the purchase order.
Purchase Orders will be closed on the following schedule:
Less than $50 remaining will be closed Friday, August 12, 2016
- Less than $100 remaining will be closed Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Less than $500 remaining will be closed Friday, September 9, 2016
Less than $3,000 remaining will be closed on Friday, September 16, 2016
Fiscal Year 2016 purchase orders with a remaining balance as of Friday, October 7, 2016 will be reviewed for closure and invoices may instead be charged to the department's Fiscal Year 2017 budget.
Staples Advantage Orders:
The last day to order from Staples Advantage for purchases to be charged to Fiscal Year 2016 is Friday, September 23, 2016. ALL BACKORDERS, DROPSHIPS AND ITEMS PLACE AFTER SEPTEMBER 23, 2016 WILL BE PROCESSED AND CHARGED IN THE NEXT FISCAL YEAR.
Contact our office should you have any additional questions.