Mission and Goals
The mission of the Contracts and Purchasing Department within the division of Administration and Finance is to develop and implement sound procurement practices while providing quality service through teamwork and communication with University departments and vendors. The Contracts and Purchasing Department is dedicated to providing our staff and faculty with the most effective and efficient centralized means for procuring quality goods and services, in an economical and timely manner, in support of the Gallaudet University mission and goals. The Contracts and Purchasing Department provides direction and support to the campus community in identifying sources capable of providing a continuous supply of goods and services in a quality and cost efficient manner.
- Ensure the uninterrupted delivery of acceptable quality of goods and services at the right time and price.
- Procure materials and services for the University's use at the maximum end-use value per dollar spent.
- Develop reliable alternate sources of supply to meet the University's requirements.
- Resolves complaints on all purchased goods and services.
- Establish contract terms and administers contracts effectively.
- Ensure University business is conducted in a fair, ethical and open environment, in full compliance with University policies and procedures, as well as, applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide oversight and guidance on the use of the University's Purchasing Card Program.
- Promotes and encourages the use of deaf and alumni vendors.