Frequently Asked Questions

This information should answer many questions that you have regarding services provided by the Registrar's Office. If you need information that is not printed here, please call us at (202) 250-2446 (VP), (202) 651-5393 (TTY/Voice) & (202) 651-5182 (Fax). We will be happy to assist you to the best of our ability.

How much does a transcript cost?

Go to the Registrar's Office and fill out a Transcript Request slip or mail it. We accept checks and money orders payable to Gallaudet University at the office. All other payments (cash, credit cards, etc.) must be made at the Cashier's Office at College Hall basement. The cost is $12.25 per official copy and $0 (free of charge) per unofficial copy. Instruction and printable How to Request Transcripts

What is the process for academic certification/verifications? 3 Process Types

  1. Gallaudet University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide current enrollment and degree verifications/certifications. Please click here for more information.
  2. Students/former students may also request Registrar's Office official business letterhead university sealed certifications - information & forms at the Registrar's Office web link.

How do I register for a course?

If you are not currently a matriculated undergraduate student, you must contact the Admissions Office. If you are a non-matriculated graduate student, you must contact the Grad School for information on enrollment.

Currently enrolled students should meet with their advisors and fill out the course selection form. Currently student will handle all course registration through the Registrar's Office. Updates on registration process will be given to all students, faculty and staff. The course selection form can be picked at the Registrar's Office in Chapel Hall 101.

If special permission is required for a particular course, students must obtain permission for that course before registration.

Where do I obtain a copy of my grades?

Students may print copies of their grades using BISON Web portal

How many credits are required for full-time enrollment? For part-time?

Full-time status requires a minimum of 12 hours for undergraduate and 9 hours for graduate students.  Part-time enrollment status is defined by the University as less than 12 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and less than 9 hours for graduate students.

How do I obtain a copy of my class schedule?

Students may print copies of their own semester schedules using BISON Web portal

Where can I pay my tuition and/or fees?

You can pay your tuition and/or fees at the Cashier's Office in College Hall basement. You can obtain a copy of your billing statement from the Student Accounts Office also in the basement at College Hall. You may also use your Gnosis/BISON Web Portal account. For more information about the Gnosis account, contact the Registrar's Office.

How do I obtain more information about graduation?

You may contact the Registrar's Office and ask to speak to a staff member who can answer your questions about graduation. Graduation applications and other necessary materials are on file at the Registrar's Office.

How do I change my name?

You may come to the Registrar's Office and pick up a Change of Name form. Fill out the form and submit it to the Registrar's Office. We will update your records within one to two days. For US citizens, a social security card authority name change is required. For International students, a certified copy of legal document authorizing the name change is required.

How do I change my address?

You may come to the Registrar's Office and pick up a Change of Address form. Fill out the form and submit it to the Registrar's Office. We will update your records within one to two days. You may also print a copy below and fax or mail it to the office.

How can I contact the Registrar's Office?

You can contact us here

What are the hours of operation?

The Registrar's Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

What is the Registrar's Office address?

The Registrar's Office address is:

Gallaudet University
Registrar's Office - Chapel Hall 101
800 Florida Avenue, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002-3695

About Gallaudet
Campus Photos
Clerc Center
Contact Us
Employment Opportunities
Fast Facts
Make an Online Gift
Maps & Directions
Media Inquiries
University Communications
Visitors Center
English Language Institute
Financial Aid
Graduate Admissions
Graduate Orientation
International Admissions
Professional Studies
Test Center
Undergraduate Admissions
Academics & Research
Archives/Deaf Collections
Career Center
Catalog & Course Info
General Studies
Graduate Programs
Honors Program
Office of Academic Quality
Professional Studies
Registrar's Office
Research Support and International Affairs
Undergraduate Majors
Campus Life
Bison Shop (bookstore)
Campus Activities
Food Services
Public Safety
Residence Life and Housing
Washington, D.C.
Tools & Resources
Campus Directory
Help Desk
Gallaudet Alert-subscribe
GU Press
Kellogg Conference Hotel
Maps & Directions
People @ Gallaudet
Shuttle Bus
Gallaudet University | 800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
Copyright © 2016 Gallaudet University