Student Enrollment Verification Processes - Student Guide
Domestic Student Enrollment Verification/Certification Procedures:
National Student Clearinghouse will certify student current enrollment via their login database to be used by student loan lenders, employers, background check agencies, banks for personal loans, credit cards, insurance companies, scholarship providers and other educational institutional enrollment certifications.
Special Forms to be completed with signatures, seal and sent from Gallaudet Registrar's Office may be submitted to the Registrar's Office for completion.
- Vocational Rehabilitation forms
- Judicial System (non-Gallaudet) forms may be submitted for legal counsel with regard to processing
- Licensure/accreditation PRAXIS certification forms (to be submitted to the Registrar's with student's personal signed statement of request - student must include mailing information/instructions) for review and to be passed on as appropriate to the Office of Academic Quality with your academic record) NOTE: Transcript requests are processed independently so the student/alumni must submit both with clear instructions for proper coordinated desired results.
- Campus 3rd party enrollment certification forms requiring Registrar's (official) signature or university seal (GTS, Residence Life, Student Affairs, Career Center, Advisor/Department, Campus Activities, Athletics, SHS, SFS, DPS, GIS, OSWD, GU Child Care, Tutoring Center, Audiology Clinic, Study Abroad, student organizations, etc.)
- Veterans Administration - students with VA benefits eligibility need to submit a signed VA certification request to the Registrar's Office for the VA 22-1999 form to be completed on their behalf and submitted to the VA at the regional office
- Veterans Administration VR (various forms from their VA-VR Official) mailing/faxing and 3rd party signed academic release of information is required
- Transient Gallaudet undergraduate students attending another educational institution during the summer may have a form or letter of student status during transience completed upon request at the Registrar's Office with the Transfer Specialist.
- Official US Government, state or local forms should be submitted to the Registrar's Office only if the information required is not available through the National Student Clearinghouse. Such forms may be submitted for review and appropriate completion action to be taken or guidance provided
- Internship program certification forms may be submitted for review with appropriate action or guidance provided
International Student Enrollment Verification/Certification Procedures:
Students from varied nations may have special forms to show enrollment status and program information (possibly including tuition/fee information for a semester). Students may submit their forms in English or with English guiding information on the forms to the Registrar's Office to review and process appropriately. Students should indicate on a student certification request form - student information along with delivery information. Gallaudet uses the National ID called the Social Security Number which will be different from your home country social/civilian identification numbers. Most foreign students will come to pick up completed forms within a few days with proper Gallaudet ID and mail with their own personal documents required by their home country. NOTE: Forms without English instructions - information may need to be officially transliterated by a special university transliteration/interpreting service acknowledged by AACROA.
GU International Students CIPS - http://www.gallaudet.edu/cips.html
Registrar's Office - Official Letterhead Certifications
Students may submit a signed request for a certification/verification of enrollment status for the current active term/semester or summer session, the most current academic year or a full enrollment history. Instructions and printable PDF forms are available at the Registrar's Office web link. Students may also request declared major programs, 'academic standing' (dependent on student's GPA per term and CUM) anticipated date of graduation (A.D.P.) and degree award certification. Only academic information is certified. The Registrar's Office strongly advises not to request release of your SSN with your certification. Students may request up to 10 certification copies per signed request and are asked to give good accurate delivery information for each certification request.
NOTE: All requests are processed in order of receipt and processed with information only on official records. Names, SSN and other student information not on record cannot be entered on official certifications . Students may request a 'text box' outside a certification to give reference information for student/parent insurance numbers or accounts.
Certification Request Forms (pdf files)
Final Note to Requestors: Please review this link carefully for changes in request processes or certification information.