Graduate Assistant Employment
Taye Akinola, Program Coordinator
Being a Graduate Assistant (GA) is exciting because you support the daily operations of the residence halls by manning the main desk, greeting visitors, and being an University resource.
The minimum qualifications of a GA are:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Gallaudet
- Maintains a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or Better
- Willing to live in a residence hall
- Outstanding leadership, communication, problem solving skills, and time management
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
The preferred qualifications of a GA are:
- Minimum of one-year experience working for the Office of Residence Life and Housing Preferred
- Proficiency in Windows and/or Macintosh software and knowledge of operating systems on wireless devices such as iOS, Android, and among others
To view the job announcement for 2013-2014, please click here. To view the job description, please click here. You can download the Graduate Assistant Application Package.
For more information, please contact Taye Akinola, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.