Peer Advisor Employment
Welcome to the Peer Advisor employment portal!
We are hiring Peer Advisors (PAs) to serve in the four paraprofessional roles of counseling, advising, administrating, and programming.
PAs live in the designated freshman residence hall where they support the Office of Residence Life and Housing and the Student Success Team in ensuring that our first-year residents receive the support they need to be a better student, a better resident, and most importantly, a better person.
The qualifications for a PA are as follows:
- Able to handle and cope with stress and ambiguity.
- Good interpersonal competence.
- Have the ability to accommodate communication needs of students.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student registered full-time and have lived on campus for least a year.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 2.7 (for undergraduate students) and 3.0 (for graduate students) each semester, including summer sessions (if you are enrolled in summer courses).
- Understands and work within the philosophy of student development held by the Office of Student Affairs at Gallaudet University.
To view the job description, click here.
To download the Peer Advisor Job Application, click here.
For more information on the Peer Advisor program, contact Jennifer Little, Program Administrator at email@example.com.