During the spring semester of each academic year, the Office of Residence Life and Housing conducts a room lottery for all students who either currently live on campus or who plan to live on campus in the fall semester. Using a set of criteria, lottery participants are are given an opportunity to select a room for the upcoming academic year.
You can view a printer-friendly document on the Room Lottery Process here.
LIVING ON- OR OFF-CAMPUS NEXT YEAR?
Please keep in mind that as of the 2014-2015 Academic Year, all second-year students are required to live on campus. Please visit the Residency Requirement page for more information.
- If you plan to live on campus next year, then you MUST fill out the Housing Application and Room Cancellation Forms as well as the Lottery Application Form OR the Faculty Row Housing Application Form;
- If you do NOT plan to live on campus next year, please be sure to fill out the Room Release Form by Friday, May 2, 2014. The form can be picked up and filled out at the Residence Life Office, Ely 132.
IMPORTANT NOTES PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION
- You will be doing the Lottery ONLINE ONLY. Please see the attached Lottery Guidelines for further instructions;
- You must be a current student (Spring 2014/Term 1133) and a student for Fall 2014 (Term 1141);
- You must have $200.00 deposit on file;
- You must complete the Room Cancellation Form in person after selecting your room/suite;
- All rooms/suites must be occupied by same gender;
- Graduate Community is for graduate students only;
- You will be selecting your meal plan during the Room Lottery process. Please read the Meal Plan section for more information.
HOUSING APPLICATION ONLINE REQUIREMENTS
EVERYONE who will participate in the Room Lottery process is REQUIRED to complete the Housing Application Form via BISON. Failure to complete this process by Monday, April 14, 2014 will result in your inability to participate in the Room Lottery process. If you wish to live on campus next year, you will be placed on the Waiting List.
LOTTERY APPLICATION ONLINE REQUIREMENTS
Signing Up as An Individual With No Roommate or Suitemate(s)
You need to complete one (1) Lottery Application Form.
Signing Up as a Group of 4 or Group of 2
Your group will need to complete one (1) Lottery Application Form.
That being said, please appoint a leader to be a point of contact for your group and the leader will be REQUIRED to complete the Lottery Application Form.
Please visit the Lottery Points page to understand how this process works.
ROOM RATES AND SINGLE ROOMS
In the 2014-2015 Academic Year, the Office of Residence Life will be offering variable room rates in our residence halls.
There is a significant change regarding our single rooms, the Office of Residence Life and Housing no longer offers single rooms for students who are at least 35 years old. Anyone, regardless of age, may apply for a single room pending availability.
There will be two single room options: Carlin Hall or Peet Hall. There are different rates.
Please visit the Room Rates page to learn more about our variable room and single room rates.
Please visit the OSWD page.
Please visit the Graduates page.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (ELI)
Please visit the English Language Institute page.
Please visit the Undergraduates page.
Please visit the Faculty Row page.
Please visit the Waiting List page.
Please visit the Meal Plans page.
Please visit the Exemptions page.
Please take the time to navigate through the Room Lottery pages and follow the instructions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask your residence hall staff, Graduate Assistant, Coordinator of Residence Education, or come by Residence Life Office at Ely 132 to get answers to your questions. You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.