Graduate Assistant Employment
Being a Graduate Assistant (GA) is exciting because you support the daily operations of the residence halls by manning the main desk, greeting visitors, and being an University resource.
The minimum qualifications of a GA are:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in the United States or a comparable degree from a foreign academic institution.
- Enrolled in a Graduate Program at Gallaudet University as a degree-seeking full-time student.
- Live in a residence hall.
- A minimum of one year experience working for Residence Life and Housing.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, problem-solving, and computer skills (including but is not limited to the MS Office Suite).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 3.0 each semester, including summer sessions (if you are enrolled in summer courses).
A preferred qualification of a GA is:
To view the job description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Thuan Nguyen, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.