Graduate Assistant Employment
The Graduate Assistant (GA) will work with the Office of Residence Life to meet the needs of a diverse undergraduate and graduate residential student body. He or she will assist with the training and supervision of paraprofessional staff and will address student concerns and developmental needs. The Graduate Assistant will report to a supervising Coordinator of Residence Education (CRE) and will work with other members of the Office of Residence Life in order to create an environment that enhances student growth and development and the overall student experience with an added emphasis on retention of students.
The minimum qualifications of a GA are:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in the United States or a comparable degree from a foreign academic institution.
- Enrolled in a Graduate Program at Gallaudet University as a degree-seeking full-time student.
- Live in a residence hall.
- A minimum of one year experience working for Residence Life and Housing.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, problem-solving, and computer skills (including but is not limited to the MS Office Suite).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 3.0 each semester, including summer sessions (if you are enrolled in summer courses).
A preferred qualification of a GA is:
JOB DESCRIPTION - To view the job description and compensation, please click here.
TO APPLY - To apply for this position, please click here.
APPLICATION TIMELINE - To view the application timeline, please click here.
For more information, please contact Thuan Nguyen, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.