Summer Resident Assistant Employment
The Summer Resident Assistant (SumRA) is a part-time paraprofessional within the Office of Residence Life and Housing, a unit of Student Affairs for the summer. The Coordinator of Residence Education (CRE) supervises the SumRAs.
The SumRA is responsible for office functions, administrating, and participating as a team member within their residence hall.
The SumRA is responsible for performing a variety of front desk, clerical, and customer service functions.
The minimum qualifications of a SumRA are:
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student registered full-time and have lived on campus for least a year.
- Must be a full-time student for the following fall semester.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 2.3 (for undergraduate students) and 3.0 (for graduate students) in the preceding fall semester.
- Understands and work within the philosophy of student development held by Student Affairs and Academic Support at Gallaudet University.
JOB DESCRIPTION - To view the job description and compensation, please click here.
TO APPLY - To apply for this position, please click here.
APPLICATION TIMELINE - To view the application timeline, please click here.
For more information on the Summer Resident Assistant program, contact Kay Amos, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.