Resident Assistant Employment
The Resident Assistant (RA) is a part-time student paraprofessional position within the Office of Residence Life and Housing, a unit of Student Affairs and Academic Support. The Coordinator of Residence Education (CRE) and Graduate Assistant (GA) supervise the RA.
The RA is responsible for community building, administrating, and participating as a team member.
The RA is responsible for office functions, administrating, and participating as a team member within their residence hall.
The RA is responsible for performing a variety of front desk, clerical, and customer service functions.
The minimum qualifications of a RA are:
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student registered full-time and have lived on campus for least a year.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 2.3 (for undergraduate students) and 3.0 (for graduate students) each semester, including summer sessions (if you are enrolled in summer courses).
- Understands and work within the philosophy of student development held by Student Affairs and Academic Support at Gallaudet University.
For more information on the Resident Assistant program, contact Laura Lopez, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.