Resident Assistant Team Leader Employment
The Resident Assistant Team Leader (RA TL) is a part-time student paraprofessional position within the Office of Residence Life and Housing, a unit of Student Affairs. The Coordinator of Residence Education (CRE) and Graduate Assistant (GA) supervise the RA TLs. The RA TL is responsible for community building, administrating, and participating as a team member.
The description of duties, which follows, provided a general outline of the responsibilities of the RA TL. Specific duties assigned may vary depending on the needs of the residence halls and student population. There will be one RA TL in each University residence hall.
The RA TL will also count as one of the RAs in the dorm they are assigned to. Therefore, the number of RAs for each residence hall will be the same during the academic year.
The minimum qualifications of a RA Team Leader are the same as a RA with one more requirement indicated in bold below:
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student registered full-time and have lived on campus for least a year.
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience as a Resident Advisor with the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 2.7 (for undergraduate students) and 3.0 (for graduate students) each semester, including summer sessions (if you are enrolled in summer courses).
- Understands and work within the philosophy of student development held by the Office of Student Affairs at Gallaudet University.
To view the job description of the Resident Assistant Team Leader, please click here.
For more information on Resident Assistant Team Leader program, contact Laura Lopez, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.