Check Your Status
|Checking your status is the fastest way for you to know what activity is taking place with your application, including your admissions decision. Check to see that if your recommendations, scores, and transcripts have been received.
You can check the status of your application by going to the Self-Service Center and clicking on the Applications tab. You will see a summary button for your application/s. Clicking on an application summary button will show you a list of requirements. Making sure your application is complete before the deadline is your responsibility.
Application Status Definitions
- Application Complete: Application is completed (all required materials submitted and application fee paid) but not yet released to the department for review.
- Application Form Submitted: Application is submitted but not yet processed
- Application Incomplete: Application form submitted, but not all required materials submitted and/or application fee not paid.
- Application in Progress: Application form has started, but not yet submitted.
- Cancelled by the Student: Application cancelled without submitting.
- Did not finish the application: No longer accepting applications and application is not submitted.
- Under Review - Complete: The academic program coordinator's review is completed and the decision letter has been released.
- Under Review - Decision Made: The academic program coordinator's review is complete, but the decision letter is not yet released.
- Under Review - Pending Decision: Complete application currently under review by the academic program.
- Under Review - Pending Decision (incomplete application): Incomplete application currently under review by the academic program.
- Withdrawn by the Admissions Office/Department: Submitted application withdrawn by the office/department (before or after admission decision).
- Withdrawn by the Student: Submitted application withdrawn by the student (before or after admission decision).
Until your application is complete, it is held in the Graduate Admissions Office and not fully reviewed by the faculty in the department/program you applied to. It is up to you to follow-up with your college Registrar's Office for transcripts, the people who are writing your letters of recommendation, etc., to make sure materials are submitted in a timely manner.
Individual committees within your program make admissions recommendations, and this process may take up to some time. We understand that you want your decisions as soon as possible, especially if you are considering offers from other schools. If you know your application is complete and you have not received a fall decision by summer, you should contact the Graduate Admissions Office.
The department will make a detailed review and an initial recommendation to admit. However, only a written notice from the Dean of the Graduate School constitutes an offer of admission, not correspondence with the department or with an individual faculty member. Applicants who are not offered admission will also be notified by the Dean as decisions are made.