Gallaudet University's formal agreements with universities around the globe aim to advance opportunities to share knowledge. These agreements include student exchange and technical cooperation. Gallaudet also seeks ways for more people outside the U.S. to study at the University, thereby enriching their lives and the cultural diversity of the campus community.
Currently, Gallaudet has cooperative agreements or Memorandums of Understanding with the following institutions:
- Beijing Union University (BUU), to prepare Chinese students for admission to Gallaudet and to improve BUU accessibility.
- Universidad Especializada de las Américas, Panama, to prepare Latin American students for admission to Gallaudet.
- Institute for the Training and Development of Human Resources, Panama, to establish scholarships for Panamanian students to study at Gallaudet.
- Siena School of Liberal Arts, Italy, to offer Gallaudet students an opportunity to study abroad.
- Ål folkehøyskole og kurssenter for døve, Norway, to offer Gallaudet students an opportunity to study abroad in coursework specific to Deaf Studies.
- Universidad Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil, to develop academic credits and curricula between universities for both American and Brazilian Deaf Cultures and sign languages.