F-1 Change of Educational Level
If you are planning to change your educational level, you must inform USCIS. Examples of changes in educational level include:
· Switching from language training to academic study
· Bachelor's degree to Master's degree
· Master's degree to Ph. D.
· Bachelor's degree to a second Bachelor's degree
· Practical training to a new academic program
USCIS must be informed of this educational change as soon as possible through the SEVIS system. You must receive a new I-20 denoting your new academic status. To apply for a change in your educational level and receive a new I-20 Form, please bring the following documents to your International Student Advisor:
· Certification of Finances Form
· Letter of acceptance into the new program
· Proof of financial capability to pay for a full time course load
The deadline for Fall semester is August 15th.
The deadline for Spring Semester is January 15th.