F-1 Change of Educational Level

If you are planning to change your educational level, you must inform USCIS. Examples of changes in educational level include:  

·  Switching from language training to academic study

·  Bachelor's degree to Master's degree

·  Master's degree to Ph. D. 

·  Bachelor's degree to a second Bachelor's degree

·  Practical training to a new academic program

USCIS must be informed of this educational change as soon as possible through the SEVIS system. You must receive a new I-20 denoting your new academic status. To apply for a change in your educational level and receive a new I-20 Form, please bring the following documents to your International Student Advisor:

·  Certification of Finances Form

·  Letter of acceptance into the new program

·  Proof of financial capability to pay for a full time course load


The deadline for Fall semester is August 15th.

The deadline for Spring Semester is January 15th.


About Gallaudet
Campus Photos
Clerc Center
Contact Us
Employment Opportunities
Fast Facts
Make an Online Gift
Maps & Directions
Media Inquiries
University Communications
Visitors Center
English Language Institute
Financial Aid
Graduate Admissions
Graduate Orientation
International Admissions
Professional Studies
Test Center
Undergraduate Admissions
Academics & Research
Archives/Deaf Collections
Career Center
Catalog & Course Info
General Studies
Graduate Programs
Honors Program
Office of Academic Quality
Professional Studies
Registrar's Office
Research Support and International Affairs
Undergraduate Majors
Campus Life
Bison Shop (bookstore)
Campus Activities
Food Services
Public Safety
Residence Life and Housing
Washington, D.C.
Tools & Resources
Campus Directory
Help Desk
Gallaudet Alert-subscribe
GU Press
Kellogg Conference Hotel
Maps & Directions
People @ Gallaudet
Shuttle Bus
Gallaudet University | 800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
Copyright © 2016 Gallaudet University