Annual Research Achievement Report Submission Information
HOW TO update information about your research, scholarship, and creative achievements
for the period from October 1 to September 30 (Fiscal Year)
Due By September 12. Gallaudet's Annual Report of Achievements (ARA) is a mandated report by the United States Department of Education about our University's operations and outcomes. To accurately present our collective achievements, it is essential that you report on your contributions during the past fiscal year."Achievements" include (a) your research projects and derivative products and (b) your scholarly and creative products not associated with a research project. Please do not report your works in progress or ongoing efforts. For example:
- Do not report papers and books in draft form or that have been submitted but not yet published. These should be reported in the year of publication.
- Do not report internal reports, program documents, or curriculum proposals or revisions.
- Do not report grant proposals and received grants. These will be reported in either the Development Office or Office of Sponsored Programs sections of the report.
You are requested to:
1. Update previous research projects that continued into the following fiscal year (Oct. 1 - Sept. 30) or changed from being active to inactive using the Update Research Project Form. Send completed form to email@example.com
- Review the descriptions of research projects/studies appearing under your name or department at: http://research.gallaudet.edu/resources/ragu/
- Note the title of the project as reported in FY13, with changes to the title listed seperately.
- Other than the title, only mark on the form the information that has changed. DO NOT submit an update form if no changes were made in the previous year.
- If the study did not continue this fiscal year, please mark as INACTIVE.
- For active studies, any changes to the End Date, Project Description, Investigators, etc. must be reported
- Any publications or presentations related to the project that you want to report this year must be added on the above form. List the citations in APA format (http://www.citationmachine.net/apa/cite-a-book#)
- If you do not update the information, the old entry will be reprinted "as is" (or removed if the End Date is before October 1, 2013).
2. Report any new research projects that began between October 1 and September 30 in the past fiscal year. Fill out the new research project form: Research Project form. Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not create a new description, the project/study will not appear in the ARA publication.
- Abstracts/descriptions cannot be longer than 200 words or include any outside sources/citations.
- See the RSIA's Training Materials for a guide to Writing a Scientific Abstract.
- Provide a grant number for all federally funded grants.
- Do not try to format your description beyond providing line breaks where needed. The report will have a consistent format for all projects across departments.
- Indicate whether an investigator is a Principal Investigator. In addition, every project must have only one Lead Investigator. (If there is only one investigator on a project, then that person is the Principal and Lead Investigator.)
- Only one person (the Lead Investigator) can report new projects. Duplicate reporting of a project will not be accepted.
3. Report any new products of research or scholarly activity in the fiscal year. This includes any product, publication, or presentation not connected with a previously reported project. Fill out ONE form for all of your scholarly and creative achievements: Scholarship and Creative Achievement Form. Send your completed form to email@example.com.
- If you reuse products that have already been reported or report products that have not yet been published, the product will not appear in the ARA publication.
- The title on the form should be the last name IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS of the person reporting.
- Only one person (the Lead Investegator) can report a product. Collaborators on a project cannot submit the same product under different names.
- Please use American Psychological Association, 6th edition as a style guide for listing citations. Good resources are: http://citationmachine.net/ and https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
4. If you are the director of a research center (VL², BL²,RERC-HE, RERC-TA, TAP, RSIA) fill out ONE research center form describing the center: Research Center Description Form
We strongly encourage everyone submitting forms to please do so as soon as possible. Forms may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. September 12 is the final deadline for returning all forms.Note: By October 15, updates and new reports can be viewed at http://research.gallaudet.edu/ara/. While the new "Research & Scholarship at Gallaudet" database http://research.gallaudet.edu/ara will contain all achievements received year by year, and will always be available to Gallaudet constituencies, the print version of the ARA may be more limited in scope.