RSIA Operating Hours
The goal of International Student Services (ISS), a function of the Office of Research Support and International Affairs (RSIA) is to help international students and researchers at Gallaudet University. Our staff helps make it easier for these scholars to become comfortable living in a new country like the United States, and becoming part of the community on the Gallaudet campus. ISS gives international scholars information on the classes they need to take at Gallaudet, on U.S. immigration laws, and guidance on any other concerns they may have.
ISS services include:
- Issuing Certificates of Eligibility (Forms I-20) for international scholars to obtain visas.
- Giving the latest information on immigration laws and other issues.
- Sharing information on U.S. regulations for international scholars in this country.
- Helping international scholars with any problems they may have - personal issues like getting used to new social or cultural practices, or academic concerns - and reviewing visas, passports, and I-20 forms for traveling outside the U.S.
- Assisting with planning a cultural event.
- Educating faculty and staff on immigration regulations.
- Managing the World Deaf Leadership and Sasakawa International Scholarship programs.
Location and Office Hours: International Student Services is part of the Office of Research Support and International Affairs, located in Dawes House; 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Lawrence Musa, M.B.A.
Coordinator of Immigration Compliance and International Procedures
Dawes House (DW) 106B
Video Phone: 202-250-2366
Mona Blanchette McCubbin, PDSO, ARO
Immigration Compliance Officer/International Student Advisor
Dawes House (DW) 104
Video Phone: 202-250-2307