All new full-time and part-time students are required to complete a health history form. Please complete the form, fax (202-651-5743) or email (email@example.com) the information to student health service. Students will be unable to attend class and/or reside in the residential dorms until proof of immunizations are submitted to Student Health Service. The District of Columbia law requires that all full-time and part-time students under the age of 26 enrolled at a school within the District of Columbia provide proof of the following immunizations:
- Two vaccinations against measles, mumps, and rubella at least 30 days apart
- One tetanus/diphtheria booster given within the preceding ten years
- Completion of the Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Form
- A Tuberculosis (TB) test or blood test (QuantiFeron Gold) may be required based on the information obtained from the TB assessment form. If the results are positive, a chest x-ray will be required
- Hepatitis B series
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) - it is recommended to have a meningitis booster vaccine 5 years after the initial vaccine was given
- Documented history of Varicella (chickenpox) from a health care provider. If the student does not have a history of having varicella (chickenpox), then two vaccinations are required 4-8 weeks apart.
All full-time and part-time students over the age of 26 are required to have the following:
- Complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Form
- A Tuberculosis (TB) test or blood test (QuantiFeron Gold) may be required based on the information obtained from the TB assessment form. If the results are positive, a chest x-ray will be required.
- Tetanus inoculation within the past 10 years is strongly recommended