Academic Advising and Advising Forms
When you declare a major in the Department of Science, Technology, & Mathematics, you and the program coordinator will choose one of our faculty to become your new academic advisor. Your advisor will:
- Help you determine which courses will best meet your career goals.
- Help you plan your course sequence. Your advisor knows when particular courses will be offered and will help you develop a four-year course plan.
- Help you deal with course conflicts.
- Help you stay on track academically, professionally and personally. Your advisor will regularly sit with you, usually prior to course registration, and help you review your progress and program of study. This review will help you see what you need to do to meet your graduation requirements and career goals.
- Refer you, as needed, to the Career Center, Financial Aid Office, Counseling Center, other faculty, or other campus units.
- At your advisor's discretion, he or she may write letters of recommendation to support your applications for jobs, internships, scholarships and fellowships, or graduate/professional school.
2012-2013 Biology BA-BS-Minor Worksheets (pdf)IT Major Application Form (docx)IT Minor Application Form (docx)