Mission Statement of Student Success
Student Success supports the University's Standards of Learning and Bilingual mission by increasing the retention of students through:
- Identifying students in need of additional academic or social support.
- Providing initial instructional experiences to bolster requisite academic skills.
- Providing intense academic preparation for college aligned with the General Studies learning outcomes.
- Providing initial American Sign Language instruction and deaf history for Non-signers.
- Orienting families of new students to the requirements and expectations of undergraduate life.
- Providing additional individual support and peer mentoring to students during their first year of college.