Discover Your Future
July 15 - 23, 2014
Do you want the opportunity to discover your future possibilities while grabbing the opportunity to see Gallaudet and vibrant Washington, D.C.? Come to this exciting new summer program for deaf and hard of hearing students who are currently in the 9th through 11th grades.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Self-discovery activities designed to help you learn more about yourself.
- Outdoor activities including ropes course planned to help you develop leadership, teamwork, and self-confidence.
- Take assessments designed to help you, your parents, and your VR counselors learn more about your strengths, areas of improvement, values, interests, and potential careers.
- Development of a mini portfolio with our support for you to bring home to your parents, schools, and VR counselors.
- Several field trips to explore Washington, D.C. attractions including the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian, Holocaust Museum, Union Station, Pentagon City Mall, and many other world-famous museums and monuments.
- Swimming and shopping until you drop at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware where one of America’s best boardwalks awaits you during an all-day outing.
Date of program: July 15-23, 2014
Program fee: $750 (includes housing and meals)
Who can attend: Deaf and hard of hearing college–bound students currently in 9th–11thgrades.
Must show evidence that you are enrolled in a standard, local, or general high school diploma – track program. Please submit an unofficial transcript and/or letter from guidance/school counselor. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Registration: Apply here
"The career class was one of my favorite classes to attend. I really learned a lot about myself as a person and my potential for the future." (Career Exploration)
"I learned how to interact with people that you first meet because you never know about a person." (Diversity Training)
"Excellent! I learned what personal qualities could affect me in my future jobs" (Career Exploration)