When you apply
Please note that application received without one of the following items below will not be processed until this office receives all of your application items.
- Complete and sign your portion of the international application.
- Mail the non-refundable $50 application fee directly to us.
- Two Application Essays.
- High School Transcript (Secondary school transcript and/or upper secondary school transcript) or University Transcript(s) for Transfer Applicant only. Transfer students must send your official transcript(s) along with a copy of the college catalog(s). Your transcripts will be reviewed, and you will be notified if any tests are necessary. If you do not submit your transcript, you will be required to submit SAT or ACT test scores. NOTE: Transcript(s) must be translated by a certified translator.
- Provide evidence of financial support with financial support documents. If you are a permanent resident (green card holder), you do not need to fill out the Certificate of Finances and Sponsor's Affidavit forms. Instead, make a photocopy of your permanent resident card (both sides) and send it or fax to the Office of Admissions at (202)651-5744.
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Standardized Test Report - choose one of the following tests:
- American College Test (ACT) Institutional Code is 0662. Website: www.actstudent.org
- SAT Institutional Code is 5240. Website: www.sat.org or www.collegeboard.com
- For students who do not live near an ACT or SAT testing center:Ask your school administrator to verify that there are no testing centers nearby and that you will need to take the Stanford test. The school administrator can send the letter and the Test Authorization and Order Form to:
Office of Admissions
800 Florida Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20002
After we receive the letter and form from your school administrator, the Stanford test will be mailed to your school.
- Audiogram (must be completed by a physician or an audiologist) Please make a photocopy of your application form, documents, and essays for your records.