The Committee’s responsibilities include
- Facilitating evaluation of progress toward achievement of the institution’s strategic initiatives and the institution’s academic achievements;
- Facilitating the University’s annual budget development process, including proposing the annual operating and capital budgets, and making recommendations for federal appropriation, salary treatment, and tuition;
- Facilitating revisions to the Gallaudet Strategic Plan and facilitating discussions on relationship between the Gallaudet Strategic Plan and the Clerc Center Strategic Plan;
- Assuring that the University’s budget is aligned with the Gallaudet Strategic Plan and the Clerc Center Strategic Plan;
- Developing guidelines for preparing and prioritizing action plans for the implementation of strategic plans at all levels (e.g., institutional and unit level); reviewing action plans within the context of strategic resource allocation; providing advice to the President’s Cabinet and the President; and establishing reporting mechanisms;
- Facilitating the monitoring of strategic goal outcome data including:
- Setting reporting schedule,
- Verifying data,
- Analyzing data and action plans in order to make recommendations for continuous improvement on campus, and
- Communicating the results of institutional effectiveness efforts to appropriate campus and external stakeholders to promote accountability and transparency;
- Reviewing results of university-level learning assessment updates and program reviews that are conducted on a regularly scheduled basis, and making recommendations on strategies and mechanisms to continually improve the quality of the institution.
- Assuring that GU meets all MSCHE and U.S. Department of Education (ED) expectations for planning, resource allocation, and assessment.