B.A. in Spanish
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR SPANISH MAJORS
- Read and write in Spanish at the intermediate high level as defined by the ACTFL proficiency guidelines.
- Use Spanish, English, and ASL to analyze key aspects of literary, cultural and historical traditions as well as contemporary trends, in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Apply both traditional and technology-based research skills to analyze and interpret cultural products and practices of the Spanish-speaking world and cross-cultural traditions and trends.
- Use language skills and cultural knowledge to explore Spanish culture first-hand through study abroad, internship and/or service-learning opportunities.
- Use insights gained about Spanish signed and written languages and cultures to better understand one’s own languages and cultures.