HOW TO REGISTER
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent to take PST prefixed courses. Graduate-level courses require completion of an undergraduate degree. A copy of your BA/BS transcript must accompany your registration. Senior high school students may be eligible to take PST prefixed courses with written recommendation of their high school academic advisor and permission of the instructor. Non U.S. citizens, including green card holders, MUST follow the procedures outlined under International Students
- Complete the Online Application and Registration to submit your application electronically OR complete the Course Registration/Payment Information form (PDF) to mail or fax your application.
- If you are interested in taking one of the graduate-level courses listed, you must also provide a copy of your BA/BS transcript along with your registration forms. Submission of a college transcript for PST prefixed courses is only required when indicated as a course prerequisite.
If you are taking an ASL class and will be mailing/faxing your application, please make sure to include your completed ASL Questionnaire form.
- If you plan to park on campus, complete the Temporary Vehicle Registration form, if applicable.
- All new full-time and part-time students are required to complete a Medical History and TB Risk Assessment form and return it to Gallaudet University's Student Health Services sometime prior to starting class. You do not need to return this form at the same time as your application.
- Include full payment. Make your check or money order payable to Gallaudet University, or enclose a signed tuition waiver, VR Authorization, or Purchase Order in lieu of payment. We cannot accept cash. If paying by credit card, you can fax your completed forms to 202.651.5987. We are unable to accept registrations by phone.
Gallaudet University Employees Tuition, processing, and lab fees are waived for regular full- and part-time employees of the University. Test, material and late fees are not waived and must be paid at the time of registration. A signed tuition waiver form must accompany your application or the application will not be processed. Employees working for Gallaudet University on a contract basis are not entitled to a tuition waiver and are therefore responsible for all fees.
Gallaudet University Employees
Tuition, processing, and lab fees are waived for regular full- and part-time employees of the University. Test, material and late fees are not waived and must be paid at the time of registration. A signed tuition waiver form must accompany your application or the application will not be processed. Full- or part-time temporary employees and those working for Gallaudet University on a contract basis are not entitled to a tuition waiver and are therefore responsible for all fees. IMPORTANT NOTE:
All Gallaudet University Staff/Faculty attending classes on campus,
Currently Enrolled Gallaudet Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Regardless of age or years on campus, you must provide a TB Risk Assessment Form regardless of age.
- Students 26 years of age or over are still required to submit the Medical History form with their signature.
- Students 26 years of age or over are NOT required to submit proof of immunization.
Matriculated students (Gallaudet students currently in degree programs) do not register through CCS except if taking PST prefixed classes. Tuition and processing fees for PST courses are waived for full-time Gallaudet undergraduate and graduate students; only the processing fee is waived for part-time students. All students are responsible for lab, test, material and late fees. Application Deadline
The application deadline is two weeks prior to the start of class. Depending on class availability, applications may
be accepted after the deadline, but there will be a $50 late fee assessed.
Confirmation of Enrollment
Confirmation will be mailed or emailed to you upon approval of your application. This is your proof of enrollment. Contact the Center for Continuing Studies at 202.448.7272 (v) or 202.250.2759 (vp), 202.651.5987 (fax), or email email@example.com
with any questions regarding your registration.
If you are not a current Gallaudet University student or employee, a temporary ID will be provided at your first class. Temporary IDs are not provided for students who are taking only online courses.Course Cancellations
Gallaudet reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. Course cancellation decisions are made by the registration deadline. We must be able to contact you to provide information and alternative class options. It is critical that your application include your phone number and/or email address. Payment Procedures and Types
Full payment must accompany your application or it will not be processed. Payment may be made by check, credit card (MasterCard or VISA or American Express), or money order.Tuition Waivers
For Gallaudet faculty, staff and qualified family members, a completed tuition waiver
form must accompany your application. Please be sure to obtain the appropriate signatures and review the terms and conditions carefully. Satisfactory course completion is defined as a grade of "C" or better for PST level courses, "B" or better for graduate level courses, or "pass" if under a pass/fail grading system. Unsatisfactory completion of your course will require you to reimburse the University the full amount waived.
If your tuition will be paid by VR or your employer, the appropriate paperwork must accompany your application.Mail Registration Materials to:
Center for Continuing Studies
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202.651.5987 (fax) REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
Two weeks prior to the start of class. Applications arriving after this date will be charged a late fee or may not be accepted.
2013 Spring Semester:
January 22 - May 6, 2013Summer Sessions:
May 20 - August 16, 20132013 Fall Semester
: August 26 - December 13, 2013 Thanksgiving Holiday
: November 25-29, 2013Winter Break:
December 13-January 20, 2014Printable Academic Calendar 2013-2014Back to Top