Hearing Aid and Cochlear Implant Users wanted to participate in a study of speech comprehension on a cell phone.What
: Study conducted by the Technology Access Program at Gallaudet University to investigate the degree of audio quality that will lead to effective use of wireless telephones (cell phones) by people with hearing loss.
When: July 15, 16, and 17.
Each test session lasts for slightly less than one hour. You will be paid $20 for your participation.
Where: Sorenson Language and Communication Center (SLCC) – Room 1103.
Requirements for participation are:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be fluent in English
• Must be a daily hearing aid or cochlear implant user
• Must use the telephone (rather than TTY, Video Relay Services or Text-Based IP Relay) regularly for most of your calls.
• Must be able to pass a very brief screening for the ability to hear high frequency tones
Contact Paula Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
This study has been approved by the Gallaudet University Institutional Review Board.