Skip to main content

A-Z Index

Filter By:
Academic Programs and Departments

Social Work Department

The Department of Social Work offers two programs, an undergraduate social work major, leading to a BA in social work, and a master's in social work program. The BA Program prepares students for beginning generalist social work practice and the MSW Program prepares students for advanced social work practice with deaf and hard of hearing populations. The BA Program has been continuously accredited since its initial accreditation in 1976. The MSW Program received initial accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) in 1994, and was reaccredited for the full eight year cycle in 1999. For the first time, BA and MSW programs were jointly accredited in 2008 and again in 2016. The curricula for both the BA and MSW programs follow a CSWE competency-based approach to curriculum design.


Dr. Elizabeth Moore

Tommy Farr

Hall Memorial Building (HMB) S335

(202) 651-5160 (tty)
(202) 651-5160 (voice)
(202) 651-5817 (fax)

Academic Programs and Departments

Sociology Department

The Department of History, Philosophy, Religion, and Sociology brings together four disciplines which study human societies and ideas as part of the quest to understand the human condition, past and present, and grapple with the problems we face as a society and as humans.


Chair: Roberto Sanchez

Contact: Susan Ganz

Hall Memorial Building (HMB) S135

(202) 250-2432 (videophone)
(202) 448-6918 (voice)

Student Affairs

Student Affairs units at Gallaudet University provide services for undergraduate and graduate students.


Interim Dean:
Travis Imel 

Jennifer Little

Ely Center 102
(202) 250-2385 (videophone)
(202) 651-5064 (voice)
(202) 651-5572 (fax)

Student Center Programs and Services

Student Center Programs and Services at Gallaudet University offers a wide variety of student-centered, service-oriented co-curricular programs and activities


Associate Dean:  
Carl Pramuk 

Yolanda Williams 

Ely Center 103

(202) 540-8608 (videophone)
(202) 651-5144 (tty)
(202) 651-5144 (voice)
(202) 651-5651 (fax)


Student Grievance Coordinator:
Travis Imel

(202) 250-2398 (videophone)