Submit a Nomination
Gallaudet Hall of Fame considers nominees who demonstrate extraordinary leadership and vision, and who have made significant contributions to the deaf community and represent diverse segments of the community.
Candidates nominated for the Gallaudet University Hall of Fame may be deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing. A nominee:
- May be living or deceased.
- Will generally be retired from their career in order to evaluate their work over a lifespan.
- Cannot be a current trustee, student, or member of the faculty, staff, or administration; two years must elapse since departure from the university before consideration.
- Cannot self-nominate.
The following questions will be considered while evaluating nominees:
- To what extent has the nominee contributed to and become known in deaf and hard of hearing communities?
- What has the nominee accomplished to gain national or international stature?
- How have the nominee's accomplishments been recognized, both in amount and quality of the recognition(s)?
- To what extent has nominee been engaged with Gallaudet?
- Will the selection bring significant recognition to Gallaudet?
Nominations for the Gallaudet University Hall of Fame cohort of 2016 will close on July 31, 2015. Nominations for future cohorts are accepted on a rolling basis. Qualifying submissions that are not selected will be carried forward for consideration in subsequent years. A review team qualifies the submissions. The University's Board of Trustees will select up to two inductees during its annual fall meeting.
Living recipients are invited to campus for induction, which may be during a traditional event or at another time that accommodates the recipient. Posthumous inductees may be represented by a family member or friend. Inductees will be profiled on the Gallaudet University website.
Submit your nomination(s) by completing the online nomination form or by mailing or emailing the printer-friendly nomination form with any accompanying documentation to:
Division of Institutional Advancement
Edward Miner Gallaudet Memorial Building
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
If you have questions about the nomination process, please email HOF@gallaudet.edu or call (202) 559-0423 (VP/VRS).
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.