Veterans Admission Requirements
Gallaudet University is committed to America's veterans and has a long history of serving them. Gallaudet is authorized to accept all GI Bill® payments including the additional contributions by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) through the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. According to the VA, the program is available to veterans who have sustained "a service-connected disability." In addition to accepting veterans being supported through the general GI Bill®, under the Yellow Ribbon Agreement, Gallaudet will support up to 25 eligible veterans during an academic year for any graduate program for an amount up to $2,175.00 (full-time graduate status) in tuition expenses. Gallaudet is listed on the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Approved Education Programs website as an institution participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Student Application Policy/Procedures for the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Gallaudet applicants should determine their eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' Yellow Ribbon Program Information website and obtain appropriate authorization from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Gallaudet applicants should apply, if they are eligible, for educational benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Gallaudet applicants should complete the undergraduate application form on the Gallaudet Admissions web site or the graduate application form on the Graduate Admissions web site.
- Gallaudet applicants should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form.
- Gallaudet accepted applicants and enrolled students should download an Enrollment Verification form from the Gallaudet University Registrar's Office website and get a signature from the Registrar's Office showing proof that they are enrolled as Gallaudet University students.
Additional information about the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Yellow Ribbon Program, as well as the VA's other educational benefit programs, can be obtained by visiting the VA's web site or by calling 1(888) GIBILL-1 (or 1(888) 442-4551).
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.