Online Degree Completion Program
Online Degree Completion Program Admission Requirements
Applicants must apply for admission to the Online Degree Program and to the major program (either Deaf Studies or Psychology). The following documents must be submitted to be considered for admissions to the university:
- An application form completed by the applicant. Completion of answers, including an essay question, is a required part of the application form.
- An application fee of $50 USD payable to Gallaudet University.
- Applicants who have completed less than 12 semester hours of college English and/or Mathematics must submit ACT or SAT Scores dated no more than three years prior to application to ODCP program. ACT test scores in English and Reading of 17 and above, or SAT Critical Reading and Writing scores of 420 and above are considered satisfactory.
- ACT: Send to College Code 0662
- SAT: Send to College Code 5240
- Official transcripts from college(s).
- An audiogram.
- Hearing applicants must follow Gallaudet University Hearing Undergraduate Admission Requirements stated in the catalog.
- International applicants must follow the International Student Admission Requirements stated in the catalog.
- Transfer students who have completed 30 college credit hours or a combination of 12 hours of college English and math credit with a grade of "C" or higher in each course will be notified by the Office of Admissions if they are waived from submitting ACT/SAT scores. Applicants who have been waived from submitting test scores may still be required to take English, Math, and ASL placement tests for the purpose of being placed in the appropriate General Education courses.
- Students must take the ASL Placement Test and receive a passing score for admission to the program.
- Applicants may request official evaluation of transferable college credits. Gallaudet will accept any college-level courses completed with a grade of "C" or better at any college or university. Transferred courses may be applied to satisfy general education requirements and/or major requirements. Transferred courses with no Gallaudet equivalent will be considered as elective credit.
Requirements for Admission to a Major Program in Deaf Studies
Students must complete or demonstrate the following before declaring a major in DST:
- A video-letter of interest
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better
Requirements for Admission to a Major Program in Psychology
Prospective majors must have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 and complete the following pre-major and general education courses with a "C" or better:
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- English Composition
Prospective majors then meet with the undergraduate program director via email, video chat and/or videophone to determine if they have satisfied the academic requirements and to complete the form for declaring a major in psychology. During this initial contact, the student receives written information about psychology course requirements for graduation. Additionally, the student may select a major advisor or have an advisor assigned by the program director. To continue in the ODCP-Psychology major, a student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in major courses.