Veterans Education Benefits

Gallaudet University is committed to America's veterans and has a long history of serving them. 

  • Gallaudet applicants should determine their complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form.
  • Gallaudet applicants should determine if Gallaudet University is participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program each academic year and as that is available - the student should also determine their eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Yellow Ribbon Program Information website and obtain appropriate authorization from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Students may only apply in an academic year that Gallaudet is participating.
  • Gallaudet applicants students must apply, if they are eligible, for educational benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs before certifications can be processed and submitted to the VA once you are an active student with a schedule and have completed business registration.
  • All students eligible for GI Bill Education Benefits need to apply to the VA and obtain their ‘Certificate of Eligibility' and bring that to Gallaudet to submit to the Registrar's Office.
  • Students eligible for VA educational benefits must request semester enrollment and program certification processing (at this time with the Registrar's Office)
  • Semester program compliance must be on record and each student will be required to have their advisor complete the "Student Advisory Program Compliance Form for VA Educational Certification"
  • Students sign permission as well as to an agreement to inform and update the VA School Certifying Official of any changes in status with the program of study, seeking to be a ‘guest student' at another institution while attending Gallaudet and if you wish to withdraw from Gallaudet (i.e. transferring or ending college studies at this time).

Additional information about the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program, as well as the VA's other educational benefit programs, can be obtained by visiting the VA's web site or by calling 1(888) GIBILL-1 (or 1(888)442-4551).