Gain the career advantage with an internship.
The facts: More than 80 percent of full-time Gallaudet students participate in at least one internship prior to graduation.
At Gallaudet, you will have exceptional access to internship opportunities around Washington, D.C., across the nation and around the world. Many of our degree programs require internships. All have an extensive network of established sites and work with the Career Center to develop even more opportunities.
The lists below are only a small sample of the possibilities.
Internships in Washington, D.C.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Discovery Channel
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Federal Communications Commission
- Gallaudet University—Brain and Language Lab, Multicultural Student Programs,
- Finance Office, Gallaudet Interpreting Service and more
- Imagination Stage
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Merrill Lynch
- National Children’s Museum
- National Zoo
- Octagon Sports Management
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency—13 students in the past four years
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Volkswagen of America
- The White House
Internships on Capitol Hill
- Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii
- Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md.
- Rep. Alan Lowenthal, D-Calif.
- Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
- Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas
- Rep. Mark Takano, D-Calif.
- Sen. David Vitter, R-La.
- Rep. Kevin Yoder, R-Kan.
Internships Around the United States
- Aspen Camp—Aspen, Colo.
- A.W. Research Laboratories—Brainerd, Minn.
- Deaf Community Advocacy Network—Sylvan Lake, Mich.
- Deaf West Theatre—North Hollywood, Calif.
- Lexington Animal Hospital—Clark, N.J.
- Louisiana School for the Deaf
- Maryland School for the Deaf
- Microsoft Corporation—Redmond, Wash.
- National Association of the Deaf Youth Leadership Camp—Stayton, Ore.
- Ross-Jones Law Office—Edmond, Okla.
- U.S. Veterans Affairs—St. Petersburg, Fla.
Internships Around the World
- Albania—World Vision International
- Brussels, Belgium—International Disabilities Development Consortium
- Santiago, Chile—Institute de la Serdera
- London, England—Deafinitely Theatre
- Fiji Islands—UNICEF
- Paris, France—Institute National de Jeunes Sourds
- East Hagåtña, Guam—Oasis Empowerment Center
- Antigua, Guatemala—Las Voces del Silencio
- Rome, Italy—Deaf Blind Children's Agency
- Osak-Shi, Japan—Deaf Japan
- Seoul, Korea—Korean Association for the Deaf
- Durban, South Africa—University of Kwa Zulu