Shared Governance: Crisis Leadership Team
Updated July 2018
Charged with preparation for and management of various levels of crises. The main functions of the Crisis Leadership Team are:
- Assessment/Mitigation - Project what might occur, vulnerability assessment, elimination or reduction of the probability of a crisis.
- Preparation - Develop a response plan to different potential crises.
- Response - Respond to emergencies and direct emergency resources, plan activation.
- Recovery and evaluation - Return of conditions to normal or improved levels; assure community well-being; recovery of vital functions; debrief and provide for the evaluation and improvement of the crisis process; reduction of risk of crisis recurrence.
This Committee has the following authority:
The Crisis Leadership Team structure deviates from the normal lines of authority, and the team is empowered to act decisively on behalf of the institution. These procedures apply to all personnel, buildings, and grounds owned and operated by the University.
The President has the executive authority to execute all portions of this plan. The Provost chairs the team with authority to give direction to the team and make final decisions. Collegiality, collaboration, and consensus are important elements of positive group interaction and communication, but these elements must be balanced with the need to be timely and decisive.
Some campus groups have authority to manage a crisis as it happens until the Crisis Leadership Team takes over. The groups with authority to handle crises initially during an emergency are:
- Department of Public Safety
- Campus Life University) and Student Life (Clerc Center)
- Facilities Maintenance and Operations
|Vice President, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center||Clerc Center|
|Chief of Staff, President's Office||President's Office|
|Dean, Student Affairs (Chair)||Dean, Student Affairs|
|Executive Director, Administration and Operations, Laurent Clerc National
Deaf Education Center
|Executive Director, Communications and Public Relations|
|Executive Director, Facilities||Facilities|
|Executive Director, Gallaudet Technology Services||Gallaudet Technology Services|
|Director, Gallaudet Interpreting Services||Gallaudet Interpreting Services|
|Director, Public Safety (Vice Chair)||Director, Public Safety|
|Director, Residential Life||Residence Life and Housing|
|Manager, Risk Management/Insurance||Risk Management/Insurance|
|University Faculty Governance Representative||Faculty Representative|
|Assistant Vice President of Administration||Vice President of Administration and Finance|
|Executive Director, Business and Support Services||Administration and Finance|
|Director, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Operations||Administration and Finance|
|Director, Student Health Sevices||Student and Health Services|
|Manager, Department of Public Safety Communication Services||Department of Public Safety|
|Manager, Business Services and Enrollment, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center||ClercCenter|
|Manager, Institutional Compliance, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education||Clerc Center|