State Licensure

Students completing one of Gallaudet's state-approved license programs are eligible for a D.C. State License.

School Service Providers

For School Service Providers seeking a D.C. License (i.e., School Psychology, School Counseling, or School Social Work), contact the program director in your department for further information. Verification of program completion is signed by Gallaudet's Certification Officer (Helen Thumann).

School Educators

If you will be applying for a teaching license, we recommend that you first get your DC teaching license even if you will later get a license in another state. Why? Often the process is easier if you already have a license in the state in which you completed your program. The information below will help you with both processes.

Gallaudet's M.A. or M.A.T. in Deaf Education are approved for licensure and certification.  Read about how to apply for Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) Certification.

Related Links

You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.